Sunday, December 7, 2008

Chicago Cutlery Forum Knife Collection

knife


The Chicago Cutlery Forum 8-Piece Knife Block Set is an amazing set of knives. My parents gave them to me for Christmas a few years ago and I absolutely love them. These are great knives because they are high carbon stainless steel, they come with a block and a steel, and they have a lifetime warranty.
These knives were designed to be held comfortably with a curve in the handle which makes holding them very natural. They are very strong with the knife being one solid piece of stainless steel they are also very sharp.

When I first opened the box and took out the knives and the block, I was very satisfied with the appearance. They have a very elegant look to them and look lovely in the block. When I felt the blade I was a little disappointed that it felt dull. After taking some time to sharpen my knifes I was very satisfied. They have a very comfortable grip and are just the right weight.
After I cleaned my knives I tried them out on different foods. I broke it down per knife so you could really get to know the set.

  1. The Chef Knife -This is my second favorite knife, It is the perfect size and weight and I feel very comfortable cutting with it. This knife is great for cutting up fruits, vegetables, and meats. It is the knife I use most often and it is very practical.
  2. The Serrated Slicer - This is my favorite knife, it makes cutting a breeze. I can use it for simple tasks such as cutting bread but then I I can also use it to cut more difficult items such as baking chocolate and tomatoes. An amazing feature of serrated knives is that you do not have to sharpen them and they never go dull.
  3. The Utility Knife - Honestly, I am not a big fan of this knife although people tell me this is a great knife for tomatoes, I actually have better luck with the serrated slicer. I have never found a good use for it because I can accomplish most tasks with my chef knife.
  4. The Paring Knife - This knife is great for small tasks such as cutting shrimp. It also is great for little projects such as radish roses. I feel very comfortable using it and the blade is not too small. It is very easy to handle.
  5. Tourne Knife -This knife is very useful to create decorative garnishes and to peel the skin off of soft fruits. It is also excellent for removing blemishes. The only problem I have experienced with this knife is that it is very difficult to sharpen. I have actually cut myself in the process of attempting to.

After two years of care these knives are still in great shape and would be a great addition to any kitchen. You'll want to make sure to hand wash them and dry them completely before replacing them in the block. But if your knives do start to rust their is a lifetime warranty on these knives which also make them very appealing when shopping around for a set of new knives.


http://rcm.amazon.com/e/cm?t=coowitkat-20&o=1&p=8&l=as1&asins=B00091SDIG&fc1=000000&IS2=1&lt1=_blank&m=amazon&lc1=0000FF&bc1=000000&bg1=FFFFFF&f=ifr

2 comments:

Paul Williams said...

You should get an Amazon Affiliate account and add a link to this product in your post. If people buy it, you'll get a little commission. :)

Kate said...

Thanks :) I didn't know about that